Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Out to Pasture

That's where I will be if you need me ... out to pasture.

Because normally you'd shoot a lame horse.

And I can't find anyone to shoot me so ...

Would you believe I have something else going on now?

Why not right?

I'll try to keep the TMI to a minimum for you weak at heart individuals.

To make a long story short last week I was pretty sure that I have shingles. I've never had shingles before. I've never seen shingles on other people before in my life so I'm not exactly sure if that is what I had. But after stating the symptoms to a couple of medical people I know, that was the first thing out of thier mouths ... shingles.

So to play it safe I make an appointment to get that area looked at.

So the Dr. comes in & we're talking & yadayadayada and in mid-sentence she pulls the sheet up and I quote word for word, still in mid-sentence, "I don't know what that is." Uhm, not very comforting Doc.

Seriously, I'm not comforted at all.

So she proceeded to biopsy the area. Only 1 of 3 tests have come back and we know it is not viral but bacterial. So I am on antibiotics. Because apparently I'm not on enough drugs as it is.

And then the stomach. *sighs* I'm still having the burning left over from the Chantix. And according to the Dr. who I had a follow up with for the Chantix 2 weeks ago, I should no longer be having the stomach burning. So I'm supposed to call him back so he can follow up on that. I don't know if the Chantix gave me an ulcer or if it aggraviated a pre-existing ulcer that was doing just fine until I decided to take the Chantix. But we all know that I don't have stress in my life so it couldn't be a pre-existing one.

No I was not able to type out that last sentence without laughing my ass off hysterically.

So just call me a lame horse and be done with me. I'm putting myself out to pasture.

That or look for me on a future episode of House, M.D.

Till next time ...

0 Comments: