Monday, March 9, 2009

The Good, the bad, the Ugly & the HOLY HELL!

The Good ...

I ordered my new camera today ... barely.

I went to HH Gregg because they had it priced for $549 which is $50 less than all the other places I researched.

The were out of stock, including the display. Well crap.

The guy said they had 230 on back order but the Company (Nikon) were on back order so they (HH Gregg) didn't know when they'd be getting thiers in.

So I grabbed thier shelf price tag thingy and headed to Best Buy.

First things first, I got a verbal agreement for an exact price match. Then I headed to the Camera department and *gasp* there was one on display. So I ran down a GSR and giddily showed her which camera I wanted. She grabbed her keys and went to go get my camera. 




The Bad ...

"Ma'am, I'm so sorry but we are out of stock of that camera." she says to me. Well crap! crap!

So she gets on her computer to do a site to site exchange. Yeah, the closest store with one in stock was a little over 100 miles away. And of course the computer wouldn't let her do that.

So then she tries to order it online and have it shipped to the store (so I wouldn't have to pay shipping) and they wouldn't let her do that either.

As bad as I want that camera, it's not worth driving over 2 hours just to pick it up.

So I caved and had them order it online and ship it to me.

Of course, by going that route, I don't get the price match. Son of a bitch.

But Hubby was buying more memory for both of our computers and I was also getting the camera bag with Instructional DVD so she ended up adjusting the price on those 3 items to equal the difference in the price match for the camera and the camera bag.

So although it is good that I got the camera, I don't physically have it. It won't be delievered until somewhere between the 13 - 20th. Pooey.


The Ugly ...

So I've mentioned that The Child and I have been working on her independence. Today I allowed it to go a step further since she has been doing so well with it thus far. Today she got to ride her bike around the neighborhood with her friends ... without me trailing right behind her. Oh man that was hard. I kept imagining her falling of her bike and breaking a bone or scraping herself all up; her not paying attention and pulling out in front of a car; a driver in a mad hurry to go nowhere and not paying attention and running her over; some sick pervert luring her into his house to molest her; etc., etc., etc.

Needless to say I was a basket case and very near tears the whole time. But I survived.

And she had the time of her life. She came home with such a glow all about her.

Damnit! My baby is growing up!


The HOLY HELL!

Hubby just spent the past 2 hours watching Dancing with the Stars with me. I didn't ask him to. But I wonder how bad I will have to suffer because of it. Worse, I wonder will sex be involved?


So here are the pics of The Child I took yesterday that I promised to post today ... just ignore the dirty, sweaty face, and the left over traces of a Krispy Kreme doughnut.





















I think she was extremly jealous of me taking the neighbor's pics. LOL Girlfriend could not do enough poses for me. All the poses were her own idea.

I have to admit that I just love her smile/laugh. I know I am biased. But still. And her hair .... Lord have mercy but does she have hair!


Okay then, I am off to go read some Sookie Stackhouse. Till next time .....

0 Comments: