So I got the much anticipated, much dreaded phone call today concerning my test results for the Cushing's Syndrome test I took last week.
And might I just refresh your memory that I really hate, and I mean hate with a passion, dealing with my Endochronologist's office. They never have a freakin' clue when they call me. Never.
So the phone rang and the caller ID made me gasp and then shudder and then with a very deep sigh, I answer it in a very timid voice. I still hadn't decided which test result I would be happiest with ... positive or negative.
And the results are NEGATIVE.
Which I guess is really a good thing.
But damn, what the hell is wrong with me?
So now I am awaiting a phone call to find out if we are going to persue the Lupus theory next or what.
So Yay?
Oh, did I tell you that my In-Laws might be coming for a visit? Yep. This weekend. But we won't find out for sure until tomorrow. Talk about waiting till the last minute! Apparently FIL's factory did not renew the workers contract (?) so his Union is in talks with the Company but as of yet, no agreement has been reached. So the worker's may go on strike & if they do FIL has to be there to do picket duty so that he can maintain his insurance and stuff.
So I've been working on preparaing for thier maybe visit. The Child is beside herself with the not knowing. I don't know which is worse to watch ... her waiting for Santa/Christmas morning or waiting to see if Gramma & Papaw are coming for a visit.
And might I add that she is on Spring Break this week and is underfoot. I'm gonna so need a wig before tomorrow night if I have to hear one.more.time "Can we call Gramma and see if they are coming or not?"
According to our base, Hubby will be gone for 90 days instead of the 179 days the other base has him listed for. Our base said they pull rank since he is stationed at our base and not the other one. He's still not leaving till next week.
One more week Lord, Just one more week.
So my secret for the pictures I took? A lot of people had questions about the background, etc so I took pics and will share them with you. Just remember I am still so very new and have basically nothing starting out. So desparate times call for desparate measures.
I tacked a plain white bed sheet to the top of the door/closet frame and the opposite wall.

Then I let it drape down to the floor. Pretty convenient that I have this little *nook* that was just perfect - not too big, not too small. That's my front door behind the sheet lol

And then for lighting, I took the lamp shade off the nearest lamp. Since it was a 3-way bulb, I had it on the highest watt (150) and used the flash on my camera also for more accurate lighting.

And there you go. One day I hope to have more *Professional* equipment at my disposal. But until then, I'll go with the flow.
On that note, I'm gonna go crawl up on the couch with Ravyn - a Were-Hunter, for a while before turning in. Till next time ....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment