Friday, December 5, 2008

The week in review ...

Ever have one of those weeks where you wished you hadn't woken up on Monday morning? I have wished this numerous times this past week.


I started out Sunday barely able to function. I over did it Saturday with my family and my body paid me back for it on Sunday. And Monday. And Tuesday. And Wednesday. And ah hell, every damn day this week.


I had my first appointment with the Endochrinologist on Monday. I left out of there the same way I went in ... with very little knowledge of what was going on with me. She didn't put me on any meds. She didn't take me off of any meds. She didn't change any of my meds. She was a bit pissy that my lab results were almost 3 months old. *GASP* The horrors! So she had blood work done on me. I aught to just make a sign to stick to my forehead that reads PINCUSHION. I have to go every 6 weeks to get blood work done and then I go back to see her on March 2. Good thing I'm not dying here or anything.


Tuesday I had my first *Client*. I photographed her 2 young boys. It was a learning experience for me. I very much enjoyed the experience. Not that I am considering photographing 18 months ever again. LMAO Yeah, I need liquor for that. But we all survived and I got some pretty decent pics out of it.




I told him to hug his bear & he was squeezing so hard, his knuckles are white in the pic lol




As you can see, Little Man was a hard one to nail down long enough to take his pic. Most of his pics, he is nothing but a blur in.




Trying to get Little Man to sit still long enough was next to impossible so I ended up taking the best of 2 photos and making them into one photo ...


 



On Wed. I saw the Internist for my Sleep Study results. Didn't learn much new there either. But at least I know I'm not completely  crazy.


I also had my 2nd *Client*. Another 18 month old who was the exact opposite ... he wouldn't turn Mom loose. So we didn't get many of him. The close ups I have of him, he is sitting in her lap and I would make a funny noise and he'd look over at me and then I'd snap the pic. That will explain most of the WTF? looks he has in most of his pics. His older brother was much easier to work with.







Oh yes, did I mention that on Tuesday night my computer started to crash? Oh yeah, I ended up with that damn Spyware.ISPYNOW virus. Google the shit & you'll see exactly how much fun Hubby had fixing my computer. We traced it back to where I picked it up on Facebook. Great. Just great. And yes, we are still married. And no, neither one of us is bald. He even managed to NOT reformat my computer. So I am happy. I was able to spend almost 4 hours Wed. morning backing everything up onto discs incase he ended up having to reformat. Only to remember 6 hours later that I have an external hard drive. Yes, I cussed myself quite a lot that afternoon. I'm such a damn dingbat I swear! Anyway, my computer is still taking over 6 minutes to start up so he will be reformatting my computer next week. I asked him to wait because my desktop is the only computer I have the photoshop program on & I can't load it onto the laptop because it has Vista and my program is not Vista compatable ... but is anything with Vista? lol So once I am done editing the photos for the Clients I have on Sunday and Monday, then he can reformat. And then I can finish up my calendars. I was never so happy to get back on my desktop this morning!


Thursday I started my day out with a good old Dental Cleaning. Fun!Fun!Joy!Joy! NOT!!! Then I had to run all the errands I had been putting off all week because I felt like such crap. I still didn't feel like doing it yesterday but I did it anyway. Oh and The Child came home sick from school also.


Today I kept her out of school and ended up taking her to the Dr. She has strep throat. Ugh! She is supposed to have breakfast with Santa in the morning but now I don't think she'll go. She's been begging me all evening to let her go. I guess we'll see how she is doing and play it by ear. I hate to take her and risk her getting other kids sick but hell, it is so damn obvious that other parents don't care about thier kids making others sick - otherwise mine wouldn't be sick - so why should I care? But I do. But it will get me out of spending the day with my Mom and my Brother's Thingy at a Christmas Trade Show. Maybe I'll be able to get my laundry finished. I've only been working on it for 4 days.


So that is what I have been up to this week. Hopefully next week will be better. We'll see. I'm sorry if I am bugging you with all the pics. I'm kinda proud of them and I like showing them off so thanks for putting up with my obsession.


Till next time ...


 

0 Comments: