So Hubby is TDY. Yippeeeeeee. He left 2 days ago & will be back next Friday. He just went to New Jersey for a training class so it is no big deal. Wish it could be longer though ....
When he gets back he will be putting in for orders. Can you believe it's been 2 years now that he has been stationed here? March will be 2 years for The Child & I. Where the hell did that time go? He's going to apply for an Instructor position so hopefully he'll have a better chance of getting out of here. I can only pray.
I have been reading my Harry Potter books that Hubby got me for Christmas. I am so enjoying them. The very 1st one I noticed writing in it and showed it to him - I wanted to make sure that he didn't think he paid for a brand new one and didn't get a brand new one. He said he knew so that confirmed that he bought used ones. I don't mind. They are in excellent condition aside from the 3 that have writing in them. One of them I found a book fair receipt. Today, in book 4 I found a pawn shop receipt for a place in Pa. and a Toys R Us receipt. And then I found 2 twenties. Yep. That's right. 2 twenties ... as in $40.00 cash. Holy Cow! The Child was sitting right there with me when they fell out of the book. We just looked at each other with huge eyes and then screamed in typical girl fashion. LOL And then we ran to the other 3 remaining books looking to see if there was more! LMAO No such luck. But still ... free money!! So we did what any normal girl would do and went to Walmart!! I bought some Emergen-C (a friend recommended it to me) and some orange juice and some soup and drain cleaner and gum. Then I bought me a venti frapp at Starbucks and her dinner at McDonald's complete with an apple pie. There is still a few dollars left but yep, in under an hour we spent the hell out of that $40.
So then I sent Hubby a text telling him about the $40 and now he is trying to take credit for it. He says he put it in the book for me before he left since he'll be gone for my birthday. He said it was Starbucks money. Doing something that sweet is not normally his style. Trying to take credit for something he didn't do *IS* his style lol.
But either way, I spent 40 unexpected dollars today. And it felt good. I could have saved it for my books that I have in my B & N wish list but since at the time I thought it was just left in the book - not for me specifically - I shared it with The Child. It was a nice outing for us.
Especially after the past 5 days I've had. I had the stomach bug going around. I got real close and personal with The Tidy Bowl Man Friday night. I hate that. I'll never understand how people can delibrately do that to themselves. The dry heaves are the worst. At one point I was convinced that my uterus was lodged behind my esophagus and that my 2 big toes had shrunk an inch because God knows it felt like I was trying to dry heave them up! My stomach muscles are still sore from it. And I'm still having problems with big people food. I'm sticking mainly to saltines, ginger ale and chicken and rice soup. My frapp today was a nice splurge but after a few sips, it was a bit rich on my weak stomach so I put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.
I finally got my new CPAP machine. It really hasn't made much of a difference in my sleeping habits. But I will say this, the new machine is so damn quiet! I kept waking up the first night lifting the mask off my face because I couldn't hear the machine or the mask and I thought it had turned off. But once I lifted the mask and heard the woosh of air, I settled back down and drifted back to sleep. And the machine is about 1/3 the size of my old one. Hubby wants me to put my old Machine on EBay since I don't need it anymore. It still works, but for how much longer I don't know. It is a $3000 machine that Tricare paid for so I guess I need to contact them to see what I should do with it.
Speaking of Tricare, them asswipes sent me a letter in the mail wanting me to participate in a survey about my last appointment so that they may better improve thier system. You know, the appointment that they scheduled me with the wrong damn doctor? Yeah, wait till I get done with that survey. They'll never send me another one ever again I'm sure. That still burns my butt.
And speaking of being pissed off, OMG my Endochronoligist is about to get a "what for" from me. Remember that when I saw her last (Dec. 1) she ordered me to do blood work every 4 - 6 weeks till March 2 when I see her again. That's it. That's all she did for me. So that day I did the blood work. The office calls a few days later and says that my blood work was normal. Huh? I asked the nurse what that meant and she said that it meant I didn't have hyperthyroidism. So I asked her, "Well then, what explains the cysyts on my thyroid? What explains all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism that I have?" The nurse said she wasn't sure but she'd have the Dr. call me. I told her don't bother. So skip forward to this month and I do my blood work again. 3 days later I get another call ... "Mrs. Sassy this is so and so with Dr. yadayadayada's office and she wanted me to call you and let you know that she got your bloodwork results and everything looked fine and to continue to take your medication and unless you have any problems, she'll see you in a year for a follow up." I just stood there and said, "Excuse me? You want to run that by me again?" And the nurse is all , " uh .... Ma'am?" and then she started all over again. So I stopped her and said, "You ARE kidding me right? You can't be serious." And she says, "I don't understand?" So then I grabbed a cigarette and walked out side, lit it and then proceeded to give that nurse a piece of my mind. "A) Dr. yadayadayada NEVER put me on any medication. She didn't put me on any, she didn't take me off of any, she didn't change any of my medication. So how can she sit there and tell me to continue to take medication that she never prescribed for me? Answer me that. B) Come back for a follow up in a year? What the hell am I supposed to do about the cysts on my thyroid? Cycts that have been biopsied and I have been told to keep an eye on? Am I just supposed to forget that they are there? Am I supposed to go back to my PCM on base and tell her that she has to monitor the cycsts because Dr. yadayadayada won't do it for a year? C) How do we explain the hyperthyroidism symptoms I have if my bloodwork is saying that I don't have hyperthyroidism? Is there something else wrong with me instead? D) And what? Do I now cancel my appointment with her on March 2? She told me on Dec. 1 to have my blood work done every 4 - 6 weeks and come back and see her in March. But then again if she had bothered to read my medical file first, she would have known that. And last but not least, you need to tell Dr. yadayadayada that before the next time she has you call me she best better read my medical file first and get the facts straight because I will not accept or tolerate this neglegence on her part again. If she had bothered to take a few minutes first, you and I would not be having this conversation right now." Then I let out a big huff of air and waited to hear the nurse's reply. Her response? "Ma'am, I'm just the nurse. Obviously you want to keep your appointment for March 2. In the meantime, I can have Dr. yadayadayada call you back if you would like to go over the rest of your concerns." No thank you. There is no way I can have a civilized conversation with that Dr. right now. I'll wait to see what she has to say in March and if need be, I'll file a formal complaint against her with Tricare.
So there is the main reason why I went off the BCP (birth control pills) aside from the roller coaster ride they had my body on. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause my thyroid levels to be normal with my blood work. Which is what the GYN had set out to do back in Oct. when I started taking them. So now that I am off them, when I go to do my blood work in another week, hopefully my bloodwork will be showing the hyperthyroidism or at least by the time I see her in March. And if not, well then hell, who wants to be the one to shoot me? Any takers? Because I sure as hell give up. LMAO At least I am back to feeling like crap on a daily basis again. I like consistency lol. No more highs one day and lows the next few days.
Please don't act like you didn't already know that I was crazy. Not half ass crazy but 100% full fledge certifiable crazy.
Well, I reckon I will call this a night and go crawl in bed with Harry Potter until the Melatonin kicks in. Till next time ....
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I have the worst luck with damn Doctor's.
Posted by Sassy at 9:56 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment