Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stupid effin' Military Healthcare System

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:



OMG I am so livid! :banghead: :banghead:

I had a *follow up* appointment this morning with my GYN for issues I've been having with the BCP & Prozac.

Dec 4 I called for a phone consult.

Dec. 15 I call and schedule an actual appointment (for first available on Dec. 23) since no one can be bothered to return my phone call. I call again and request another phone consult. I actually got a call back! Through the nurse going back and forth between me & the Dr., the Dr. says to up the Prozac and if I'm still having problems, come in for my scheduled appointment the following week.

7:30 am on Dec. 23 they call to cancel my appointment due to the Dr. being sick.

Dec. 24 they call with a rescheduled appointment of Jan 7 ... Today.

So in comes the Dr. In the most pleasant voice I can find, I say, "Uhm. I need my Prozac adjusted because if I remember correctly, you are supposed to be a short, pudgy, white woman. Not a big, black, male linebacker."

OMG! They scheduled me with the WRONG DAMN DOCTOR! How does that happen? :groan:

So I wasted a complete hour of my time and the Doctor's time for no reason at all.

HIS recommendations: follow HER recommendations and follow up with HER next month. WTF? Seriously people, WTF?

Needless to say, I went to the front desk and gave the poor Woman sitting there a decent piece of my mind. And whoever else was in hearing distance of me. I guess I won't be surprised if I end up with a Tricare referral for a shrink in the mail in a few days.

But seriously, I was pissed. I told the poor woman sitting there that I would have had better success getting a prostrate exam. The woman's eyes bugged out and then she leaned over and in a soft voice says to me, "Ma'am, prostrate exams are for men only." I looked at her and said, "I know. Exactly my point." She then tried to place the blame on a new clerk they have and that she wasn't paying attention when she made the appointment and :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Whatever.

So now I have to call Central Appointments to reschedule a new appointment with the correct Dr. for next month. Which amazingly enough is when my PAP is due. :fit: :fit:

Wait now. It doesn't end there. I stop off at the AFB Pharmacy to pick up a Zocor refill that my PCM put into the system this past Friday. Yeah. It wasn't in the system. And my stupid yellow card was expired so I had to fill out another damn *proof of NO outside insurance* form. Then I had to walk over to the clinic to find out why my refill wasn't in the system. Then I had to go wait in line again so they could process the prescription. Then I had to wait for it to be filled.

Why do we put up with being treated this way by the Military? Is it too much to ask for decent healthcare and that when a person has a genuine complaint it is respected and all is done to get to the bottom of it instead of being constantly given the run around and blame put off on other people and so called *professionals* look at you like you are a hypochondriac and you are nothing but a waste of thier time? (Yes I'm still pissed at the Endochronologist's treatment - or lack of should I say- towards me.)

I'll be glad when this day is over.

0 Comments: