Thursday, January 8, 2009

I knew better ...

I'll be glad when this week is over. It has been a long one.


I have spent most of it glued to my computer and Photoshop program. See, I took some family pics while in Ohio for my SIL. I ended up doing a few of MIL & FIL also. Which I had told them NO WHITE! DO NOT WEAR WHITE for the pics. The Niece didn't get that message but the SIL? Ugh! MIL at least broke it up with black but still ... Anyway, the youngest nephew had a cut on his nose so I told his Mom not to worry, I'd just photoshop it out. Which is just fine. If I had just stuck to that one little edit in each of his pics.


But nope. I have to go and borrow trouble. I knew better that to attempt my little project. But did I follow my own advice? Hell no. It started with the Niece and her teenage acne. Just a few little spots here and there. Nothing too major. A pain but liveable.


 


SIL however has Rosacea. Bad. And she hadn't take her meds in a while and her face showed it. So I decided to see if I could edit it. I have to say that I am impressed with what I was able to accomplish but dayhum ... I won't be doing that again. At least not for free. The next person will end up paying a pretty penny for a major edit like I did for these pics ....


 


I'm not happy how her nose turned out in the above pic but believe you me, that was my 3rd and final attempt on that pic. I started from scratch 3 times and then said the hell with it.


 


I didn't want BIL to feel left out so I edited his razor burns ...


 


 


I'm happy with most of SIL's edits but some of them I am not. I couldn't get rid of the red or at least all of the red. But *I* think it is a major improvement from the original. But if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to print them out. At least I know that I can do that kind of project.


Here are some of my favorites from the rest of the pics...




 


 




 


And my favortie of them all ...



Now I just have to get them all loaded to a disc and put in the mail to them. I'm glad I no longer have these hanging over my head to hurry up and get done. There were a total of 72 pics I edited. Thank God not all of them had SIL in them.


Okay, I'm off to go take my Prozac and then to bed with my new (and updated) CPAP headgear and mask. This should be a fun night ....


Please take a moment to rate this entry right below. Thank You!

Till next time ...

1 Comment:

BrokenShutterBug said...

My favorites were these:

The one of the grandparents w/ all the grandkids.

And the 2nd to the last one of the grandparents.

Sounds like the trip to Ohio was a good one.